Terms and Conditions of Gibraltar Heritage Trust Membership
These are the terms and conditions applicable to members of The Gibraltar Heritage Trust ("Terms")†. In these Terms, "you/r" refers to the member of The Gibraltar Heritage Trust (or applicant for such status), and "we" and "us" refers to Gibraltar Heritage Trust ("GHT").
Benefits of being a Member
1. As a member you are entitled, upon presentation of a valid membership card, to free entry to the Upper Rock Nature Reserve and all tourist sites within it, as well at the 100 Ton Gun exhibition at Napier Magdala Battery and the Gibraltar National Museum during normal opening hours and subject to the usual conditions of entry and the exceptions listed in paragraph 4.
2. Additional membership benefits such as pre-stated discounts to members at the GHT shop or with 3rd party businesses are subject to their own Terms and Conditions which are subject to change periodically.
3. We reserve the right to change benefits without prior notice for any reason.
Events / Exceptions
4. (a) Being a member does not entitle you to free entry at ticketed events, nor does it guarantee the availability of tickets to any such events. We run a booking system for events where members are required to reserve their place on tours. This operates on a first come/first served basis with staff aiming to ensure all places are filled fairly.
4. (b) Opening times may also vary when a public or private event is held at a site. It is advisable to check beforehand.
5. Membership is valid for twelve consecutive months. If you cancel or are unable to use your membership at any stage during this time refunds or extensions will not be offered in any circumstances.
6. Where you apply for GHT Membership via online application or in person you have a right to change your mind within 48 hours of the date of application and receive a refund of membership fees paid; provided that if you have visited any of the paying site(s) within that period you shall be liable to pay the applicable entry fees in respect of such visit(s). Please note no refunds will be given for any redeemed Gift of Memberships. To request a refund please notify us by telephone, letter or email (the contact details for which are shown below) within 48 hours of the application. No refunds will be issued after this time.
Membership Application Process
7. Memberships (new and renewals) may take up to 7 working days from receipt to process and membership materials will be posted to you by standard delivery or collected by you in person at the Main Guard if so indicated upon signup. Please contact us if you have not received them within 14 working days of your application. We will not be able to grant a refund or extension if you fail to inform us of non-receipt after this time.
8. Memberships, membership cards and any associated benefits are non-transferable and can only be used by the named member(s). Proof of identity may be requested on presentation of your membership card.
9. Members who are unable to show a valid membership card on entry will be required to pay non-refundable entrance fees before they are admitted.
10. Replacement of membership cards for any reason can be requested for a fee of £5. In all cases, the minimum time taken for replacement cards to be dispatched is 3 working days.
Changes in Membership Category**
11. If you wish to make changes to your membership category during the course of your current subscription, for instance from ‘family’ to ‘individual’, please contact us and we will implement this so that your new category will be reflected in your new renewal. No new cards or refunds will be issued.
13. We will contact you approximately one month before your membership is due for renewal, detailing the expiry date of your current membership and any further actions you may need to take in order to continue your subscription.
14. If your membership subscriptions are paid by Direct Debit, you will receive an email reminder from us 60 days, 30 days and 1 day before renewal when we will automatically renew your membership after 12 months and collect the monies for the coming subscription period, unless you notify us that you do not wish to renew your membership by the date stated in your renewal letter or you cancel your subscription via your profile in our membership portal.
15. Offers and discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions or with membership promotions.
16. We reserve the right to refuse entry and/or membership and/or to revoke membership without refund if the member behaves in a threatening or abusive manner towards any person at any historic site, or damages or threatens to damage any of the collections or property at those sites, or acts in a manner which could bring the GHT into disrepute.
17. We reserve the right to revoke your membership at any time, without financial compensation, if you commit any breach of these Terms.
18. We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time.
19. The validity, construction and performance of these Terms shall be governed by Gibraltar law, and we and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Gibraltar courts.
The Gibraltar Heritage Trust, The Main Guard, 13 John Mackintosh Square, PO Box 683, Gibraltar
Telephone: 200 42844
* In the case of Life memberships - no refunds will be given to members who are unable to use their membership at any stage of their subscription.
** Not applicable to Life members.
† The Gibraltar Heritage Trust is a charity registered in Gibraltar (No48) and a company registered in Gibraltar (Company number 310006).